Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Sights & Sounds of The Day

Today's ultrasound made up for the four years of seeing an empty womb on the monitor. The tech had no problem locating our precious baby :) He/she is measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 119. Along with the u/s, I had blood work done.  We will find out tomorrow whether or not we need to keep up with the Progesterone shots and Estrace.

In other news, I still don't have any nausea. I do have to go to the bathroom at least once an hour. At night it is even worse - I probably go to the bathroom 5-6 times in the first hour after I lay down. I eventually get up because I can't sleep. I have been falling asleep around 3AM for the last two weeks. Not fun, but at least I am on summer break! Heartburn hasn't been bad since that first weekend after implantation took place. I am hungry more often but have actually lost 4 pounds since we found out I was pregnant. However, I do not fit into any of my pants OR shorts due to the bloating. A shopping trip is needed in the near future to solve this problem as I am getting tired of wearing the few bottoms that I own that actually fit me. Good thing I will be home on Friday to go shopping with my mom!

No other news to report as of now. I do have a week's worth of old posts that I will post within the next couple days. I know you all will be waiting for them :)

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers - GOD is good!

*Baby is circled in pink!



8 comments:

  1. I really hope you somehow avoid getting the nausea - it is the worst part of pregnancy by FAR!!! I will take back pain and bloating over nausea ANY DAY!!! I still pee CONSTANTLY - both day and night. I can't say that it gets much better but maybe you be luckier in that aspect.
    I am so happy for you and Todd and Gracie. SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY! I can't wait to see belly pics soon on the blog! ;)
    Just don't take any in granny pannies like I do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on on your baby who is growing just as he/she should be! I am so excited for you!

    I'm praying that my hubby and I can soon experience this awesome gift too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to see a baby growing inside your womb, huh?? I can't wait to experience that!
    And exciting to shop for maternity clothes! Glad baby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I am so proud of you!!! Can't wait to meet my new nephew/niece :) Love you - looking forward to Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to see the heartbeat! It's such a great moment. Congrats--and I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's such a wonderful thing to see baby for the first time! I'm sorry about the loss of your other one, though.

    Two things-
    I had bloating around that time too, but then it subsided. Don't do too terribly much shopping because in another week or two, you'll change again, and then you'll change a lot shortly after that. I finally just bought some nice sundresses with flexible silhouettes-no waistline to worry about, and plenty of room for baby or bloating or whatever.

    Also, whatever you do, don't pray for morning sickness ;) It's kind of like praying for patience. Just don't do it. I made that "mistake" and the next day, I started puking all day, every day! It was miserable. I've had a break the last 36 hours and I've been so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,

    Your story is inspirational. My husband and I are in the process of filling out the NEDC application to begin our journey. I came across your blog (not even sure how), but glad that I did. Please continue to post as I look forward to following your journey as it makes mine a little less unknown.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to catch up with you and Family Noorman on your blog!! I am so happy for you and Gracie and Todd and that everything is GREAT! Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!
    Shelley and Willie and the girls!

    ReplyDelete