Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Baby Boy

3D Profile shot
Like I mentioned in my previous post our visit today was perfect in every way. The u/s was about 30 minutes long and very thorough. The tech pointed out his tongue, nose, eyes, ears, stomach, kidneys, heart, brain, spinal cord, each of his tiny leg and arm bones, his hands and feet, his ribs and of course his boy parts :) In fact, as soon as she put the wand on my belly his boy parts were the first thing we saw. We also got to see blood flow and him swallowing.

He was not very cooperative as he kept moving around, but she was able to get some still shots of him in 2D and 3D. We also have the whole u/s on DVD - it so cool! I can't wait to share it with my mom and mother-in-law in a few weeks at our baby showers in Michigan! I hope to get some still shots off of it, but for now will share the still shots that the tech printed out for us.

His current stats:
  • He is measuring 20w6d (a little ahead of schedule!)
  • He currently weighs 11oz.
  • Heartbeat 140

Profile - Look at the little nose!

A little foot


How we know he is a boy!

As for my part of the visit, it was perfect, too! Everything inside and out is how it should be and where it should be :) I have gained a total of 5lbs. According to my iphone application, What to Expect When You Are Expecting, I should have gained about 10lbs. My doctor wasn't concerned though, so neither am I especially since our boy is doing so well.

After our apt. we went out to lunch and then to Babies R Us to complete our registry there. I think we are about done. We added clothes and some gender specific items. I hope to get our Target registry done for the most part as well this weekend. Do babies seriously need all this cute crap?!

I will share tomorrow how we told our moms what the gender was. And, without further ado, my 20 week belly shot. Yes, I know there is not a lot there! The women I work with comment on this daily! I will have to post my other belly shots so there is something to compare this one too because my belly has gotten bigger - trust me!

20 Week Belly Shot
On a side note, I want to thank GOD for the positive BETAs my fellow embryo adoption girls have gotten this week. So far we are 3-for-3!

So many things to praise GOD for....

7 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I've LOST 2 pounds overall, and my belly is bigger than yours :P

    Love the ultrasound pics-thanks so much for sharing. Ours sat on the camera and proudly showed his boy parts, too. How do they just know to do that? Silly little boys!

    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so handsome!!! I am so glad you are both healthy and doing well. I feel so relieved and excited!!! In a few weeks the kicking and moving gets hilarious - you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun that you are having a boy! And thanks for the shout-out since I am one of the 3 for 3 EA moms : ) Appreciate you! I am glad that someone is ahead of the game for us to keep track with. It is really fun to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics - Thanks for sharing! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures! You look great- I'm sure your little belly will "pop" pretty quickly now! So glad he looks healthy and everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great ultrasound pic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete