Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Big Sister

I am utterly shocked that I have not posted about THE Grace. Grace is our Silky Terrier. We have had her since she was two months old; she is going to be 8 on November 29.  Grace is spoiled, sassy and stubborn. She is also very smart. Too smart sometimes. She knows how to work us to get what she wants. She also does what she wants when she wants. We love her! We also talk about her a lot, and apparently I talk about her as if she were our human child. Twice now someone who had not known me well overheard me talking about Grace and commented that she did not know we had a daughter :)

Anyhow, THE Grace is absolutely thrilled that she is going to be a big sister (see picture below for proof). We have been prepping her since we first started for a baby four years ago. She gets along great with kids (even those that chase her and pull on her). We can stick our hand in her food dish, take food away and she will either eat around it or walk away. She shares her toys. She has never bit a human (dogs are another story). Our only concern is going to be toys. Grace loves toys, and up until now all toys and really anything else that she wants to play with (except Todd's Transformers) have been hers to play with. We do not know how we are going to teach her that the baby's toys are not hers to play with. Any suggestions?

As for baby news, we were 13 weeks last Saturday! Other than the frequent bathroom trips (which are lessening!), being tired and the night sweats, I do not feel pregnant. Let's hope this keeps up!

Thanks to those who are still reading - I love the comments! I have been a bad commenter and I apologize for that, but please know that I have been reading your blogs as you update them and have been thinking and praying for you all <3

4 comments:

  1. Wow-for some reason my blogroll hasn't been updating me on your blog so I missed the last several posts. Glad to see everything is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are just awesome, aren't they?! We have a miniature dachshund, Toby, whom we got a month after we were married. He has been our "baby," but I hope that we are blessed with a real baby soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Big Sister! My Annie is going to be a great big sister too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace is adorable...love her shirt! I'm excited to have found your blog & to follow your journey. My husband & I are beginning the process of embryo adoption & it's wonderful to hear success stories like yours!

    ReplyDelete