Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Home For the Holidays

This year was the first year since being married that it was just the three of us at Christmas. When we lived in Michigan we spent Christmas morning with my family and then drove over to the other side of the state to spend Christmas evening with Todd's family. Since living in Tennessee we have drove up to Michigan twice for Christmas and had my parents down once.

This year, however, with Landon coming in (a short) 7 weeks, and us needing to get things done at home (the nursery, for example) as well as at school (lesson plans for my sub when I am on maternity leave - 12 weeks off!), we decided that that we would stay home and have Christmas with just the three of us. It has been wonderful - not having to travel 10 hours in the car there and back and not having to entertain anyone, but it was also a little sad for me because this was the first Christmas that I did not spend with my mom. Luckily, Todd and I have kept busy so I haven't had time to think about it much AND knowing that next year she will be down here, I made it and was still able to have a Merry Christmas :)

Something else that was 'new' this year (or at least it hasn't happened since we have lived here), middle Tennessee had a white Christmas!

The first white Christmas in 17 years!
Here's to a Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
The last year for just three stockings hung by the chimney with care!
The real reason for the season - Happy Birthday Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Did you mean to share his name? It's lovely, but just wanted to point it out in case you slipped by mistake--til now, I thought you were keeping it a secret. I do like it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks lovely! Glad you had a good, quiet Christmas.

    ReplyDelete