Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

24 Week (and 3 days) Appointment

We had our 24 week appointment today and it was pretty much like the others  (baby boy is PERFECT and my body is doing whatever it is supposed to be doing) except today I got to drink an Oral Glucose Tolerance Beverage for my gestational diabetes blood. I must admit the super sugary, syrupy beverage really wasn't too bad. I got to choose from either orange or fruit punch flavors. I choose fruit punch and other than gagging once or twice, I had no problems getting it down in the 5 minutes I had. Them taking my blood, however, a whole different matter.

I don't mind needles or blood which is a good thing because after leaving the office and being about 20 minutes away, I got a call that they did not take the right vial and could I come back. Really?! Apparently, out of the six vials they had already taken, they needed to take a red vial, which they didn't, but they did have 3 extra purple vials. Lovely.

Anyhow, I get my results back tomorrow for the gestational diabetes. The other blood work I had done today had something to do with antibodies - I am O negative and the embryo is from donors who are both A positive. The blood work will check to see how my body is handling a 'foreign' object (a.k.a a baby) and whether or not I will need an injection of some sort at 28 weeks and again sometime near delivery.

Not much else going on this week. We did have two baby showers in Michigan a couple of weekends ago (from which we are still overwhelmed by the love and generosity of our family and friends!) which I will post on soon along with some new baby bump pictures.

Hope this finds you all well....GOD Bless :)


3 comments:

  1. All good news! so exciting to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had my test too. I too, didn't find the drink to be too bad--I also chose the fruit punch. And they had to go back and stab me again, too, because they missed a vial! Our offices must have been in the same space that day!

    Glad to see you back-I'd been wondering where you'd been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is looking good!

    ReplyDelete